We’ve created an FAQ in our Developer Community about migrating from StackMob to help you understand the differences between StackMob and built.io. Feel free to post any other questions you have in our Developer Community or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org; we’ll do everything we can to help make your transition to built.io go smoothly. Don’t have a built.io account yet? No problem – sign up for free at built.io/signup today!
Why is built.io the best place for you to move your app?
- Build apps and store data in a single place. With a built.io account, we take care of storing all your data for you. No need to create your own S3 bucket and incur additional costs beyond your built.io account. Your built.io account is all you need to build your app and manage its data.
- Advanced data sharing controls. With StackMob, you can only predefine your Access Control Lists (ACLs) at a schema level; built.io on the other hand allows you to add, modify, and delete your ACLs on the fly and even assign them at an object level. Use this fine-grained control to protect and securely share your application data as needed.
- Easily geotag any object. built.io automatically enables geotagging at the object level for every object in your app. No need to add an additional field to store something so integral to mobile applications.
- Improved API metering statistics. built.io offers detailed API metering information so you can understand exactly how you’re utilizing the built.io API in your application.
- Built-in field level validation. No need to write code to validate your content fields. Utilize the built-in validations like unique values (global or local), mandatory fields, regex matching, string length, number range, and more.
- Intelligent push notifications. Target users based on location, device type, user characteristics, groups, actions and more.
- More social integrations. Enable account login through an extensive list of popular platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Google Apps, and tibbr, without needing any external services.
- Make smart decisions with deep analytics. Easily track everything your users do throughout your application so you know how they spend their time and how you can improve your app.
Get started moving your app to built.io today by creating a free built.io account. We look forward to welcoming you on our platform!