Last week we introduced a new feature on Built.io Flow Enterprise, ‘Inline Expression’. Here’s a look at what this technical hack can help you do.
The Inline Expression block is enabled for the input fields of all the services we support and is identified by the ‘’ icon. Just search for the icon to apply custom code on the inputs of any action.
Here’s A Look At How It Works
- Open any existing workflow and double click on the action in which you wish to apply custom logic.
- Locate the input field on which you wish to apply custom logic and click on the ‘’ icon given beside it.
- This will open a new console window where you can write the custom logic. You can also use the output of previous action/trigger and apply custom logic on it.
- Once you are done writing the code, click on ‘Save’. This will take you back to action configuration window. You can now see an ‘Inline Expression’ tag in the specified input field.
- Click on ‘Done’ and then ‘Run’ the workflow. You can learn more about using ‘Inline Expression’ block here.