Communication is the backbone of exceptional customer experiences. Naturally, enterprises deploy various communication applications for effective and real-time interactions with their customers. Nexmo is one such application.
A powerful communications platform as a service (CPaaS), Nexmo lets you connect with customers through cloud-hosted voice, SMS, and chat services. It offers communication APIs that enable enterprises to add contextual communication to conversations and consequently design better customer experiences.
To take this up a notch further, Built.io offers numerous integrations between Nexmo and other third-party services to help enterprises break down data silos and bring voice and SMS communication into their workflows. Teams can connect Nexmo with different cloud and on-premise applications, such as Salesforce, Zendesk, Cisco Webex Teams, and Slack, without having to write code or installing any additional hardware or software. Built.io offers an intuitive, visual drag-and-drop canvas, which allows teams to create customized workflows that automatically call or SMS a customer, as and when required.
To help you get started, we have designed a few templates in our library that integrate Nexmo Voice and SMS with popular apps.
Here are some of them:
1. Send Slack notifications, create a Zendesk ticket, send SMS via Nexmo, and update your Salesforce record for every incoming SMS
This workflow helps your team to respond to customer messages in real-time.
Every time they receive an SMS from a customer, the workflow automatically converts the incoming phone number to the Salesforce phone number format using ‘Node.js Code’ action. It then retrieves a list of all the leads from your Salesforce account whose phone number matches the incoming phone number. Here, there can be two cases.
- If the user from whom you received the SMS exists as a lead in your Salesforce account, Built.io automatically creates a new ticket in your Zendesk account with high priority status, sends a notification to the specified channel in Slack, and also sends an SMS via Nexmo to the customer notifying them about the status of the issue. Finally, it updates the record of the ticket in your Salesforce account.
- If the user is not a lead in your Salesforce account, Built.io creates a new ticket in your Zendesk account, and sends a notification to the specified channel in Slack, notifying the agent about the ticket.
Send a Slack notification, create a Zendesk ticket, send an SMS, and update Salesforce record for new incoming SMS
2. Send an SMS to all contacts via Nexmo for new Cisco Webex Teams message
With this workflow, send an SMS via Nexmo to your team for every new message posted in Cisco Webex Teams.
Whenever a new message is posted in the specified space on Cisco Webex Teams, this workflow automatically fetches the list of all the members in your account. In the next step, it verifies whether these members are added as contacts in Salesforce. It then fetches the list of all Salesforce contacts according to the specified filter and sends them an SMS via Nexmo, notifying them about the message posted on Cisco Webex Teams.
Send an SMS to all contacts via Nexmo for new Cisco Webex Teams message
3. Send an SMS to an agent via Nexmo and send Slack notification for new Zendesk ticket
Keep agents notified about new Zendesk tickets via SMS and Slack.
Whenever a new ticket is created in your Zendesk account, this workflow automatically fetches the list of all contacts with the specified filter criteria in your Salesforce account. It then checks whether the customer who created the ticket is a contact in your Salesforce account. If the contact exists, the workflow updates the status of the ticket to ‘Urgent’, and intimates an agent about the ticket status on the specified channel in Slack. Concurrently, it also sends an SMS notification to the agent via Nexmo.
Send SMS to an agent via Nexmo and send a Slack notification for new Zendesk ticket
4. Make a call to a customer via Nexmo when the status of a Zendesk ticket changes to 'Closed'
Update your customers when their issues and queries are resolved.
Whenever a ticket in your Zendesk account is closed, this workflow automatically fetches the list of all contacts with the specified filter criteria in your Salesforce account. It then checks whether the customer who raised the ticket is a contact in your Salesforce account. If the contact exists, the workflow makes an outbound call to them, notifying them about the closed ticket.